Welcome to Two Lane Desktop!

Hi, and welcome to Two Lane Desktop, the site where you'll see pictures and information from my personal collection of diecast model cars.  All brands are mentioned here, including Hot Wheels, Matchbox, Maisto, AutoWorld, Johnny Lightning, Jada Toys, Greenlight, M2 Machines, Welly, Motormax, and a few others on occasion.  My name is Joe and I've been collecting diecast since I was a toddler, but gained focus on the hobby in 1998 when it seems everyone was getting on the diecast collecting hobby, collectors and manufacturers alike.  The hobby's been through tough times recently with retail sales and stiffer copyrights from auto manufacturers meaning more generic, kids-oriented vehicles or fewer new casting tools.  Still, there's a charm about diecast collecting that I like:  The more realistic a casting is to the real vehicle, the more I like it!

Now I've done articles about diecast on websites before, but this is my first blog, and first time my shared experiences can be expanded globally thanks to social media.  What you will expect to see in this blog is pictures of various diecast vehicles from various manufacturers, scales ranging from 1:18 to 1:64 scale.  I will show multiple views, but i'm not a fan of multiple pictures of each view so don't expect a whole lot, just enough to show each angle of the vehicle.  Also with the help of auto magazines, the web (especially Wikipedia), and my personal experience I will provide some interesting insights on the real vehicle, and how the diecast replica compares to it's larger 1:1 companion.  I will not only feature the latest diecast models to date, but some past models as well.

Now, and I will say this truthfully, i'm not a daily blogger!  It would be nice, but like the rest of you i'm a real human with real life responsibilities including personal, work, bills, and school where i'm pursuing Computer Technology and Graphic Design degree's.  So with that said, I may not have new posts in a week, or month, depending on how busy my schedule is, but I will take the time to try to update this blog constantly with new pictures and intel.

So with that out of the way, I welcome you to the first blog on the new Two Lane Desktop!

Joe
Like Two Lane Desktop blog on Facebook!

Comments