If you'll notice I've added "Click for Photo Gallery" in the caption below the pictures. This was done for a few reasons: one the site has a nice Photo Gallery that shows all of the pictures in each blog in a larger, normal size, which is better than reason #2: The setup only allows the first two pictures to automatically resize to a larger size, after that it defaults to the smaller size, and the only way to enlarge the pictures is to fiddle with the pixel sizes which is time-consuming when I have a bunch of pictures to resize!!! So take the Photo Gallery to your advantage to see larger, clearer pictures.
Finally you'll notice the "Suggested Links" to the right, which links to my favorite websites that I like to visit and get the latest information on the newest diecast vehicles out there today. Here's what I got:
- Milezone Diecast: My preferred site to get 1:64 scale cars that you really can't find at retail stores today: In fact, out of the purchases that I've made on this site, only 5% of them have appeared at retail, in limited selection! The prices are on par with retailers, with the most popular ones at a slightly higher price to cover the loss of the least popular ones. Covers most of the brands out there in singles or in cases, and open rides for those with slightly damaged cards at a lower price. Customer service is the best with no problems whatsoever, and the site keeps growing with a larger warehouse that recently opened and a new auction site. Be warned that the most popular vehicles go really quick (talking hours here), so if you see something you want, don't wait around!
- DiecastModelsWholesale: This is the preferred site for the 1:18 and 1:24 scale models. Again great customer service, but shipping seems high if you order a 1:64 scale vehicle (which is why they only sell a few of these small scale vehicles on here; found that out when I got the Supernatural '67 from Greenlight from here, but hey it's better than other prices I saw for the same vehicle!).
- 1StopDiecast: Great site for ordering cases, with the same selection as Milezone, for vehicles in 1:64 scale.
- ToyCarAuction.com by Milezone: The latest venture for Milezone is an auction site where you can do Ebay-style auctions for free! Traffic may seem low in the beginning, but I expect to see it pick up in the future.
- Toy Peddler: Another great site to sell your collection. However, unlike ToyCarAuction.com you sell it at a reserve price, no auction, meaning that you must estimate the value for your purchase and try not to get short-handed in the end.
- Lamley Group Blog: The inspiration for my blog: Identical setup, but offers more on Hot Wheels, Matchbox, a few other brands, and some news scoop on the latest vehicles to arrive. Worth checking it out!
- THunted.com: Even though you can't barely read it (it's in Portuguese), you can use the Google Translator to translate and read a site that finds the newest upcoming Hot Wheels others have a hard time keeping up (including HotWheelsCollectors.com!)
- HotWheelsCollectors.com: The site where all Hot Wheels collectors gather.
- Matchbox Collectors Community Hall: The site where all Matchbox and other diecast collectors gather.
- HobbyTalk: The site where all collectors from various areas come to, including Hot Wheels, Matchbox, Johnny Lightning, M2 Machines, Auto World, and a few others as well.
- Maisto: Manufacturer's main website.
- AutoWorld: Manufacturer's main website, including Latest News on upcoming products for this hot new brand.
More links will be added later on when I run across another interesting site to share.
Also, since I forgot to add this to the site in the beginning, I am also on Facebook as well. See the link at the right. So if you want to follow along, please like us and share with others!